Google wants to sell you a web browser.
It happens to include a keyboard.
It costs $1,300.
I thought you might have been joking until I went to the link. I’m not sure what exactly Google is thinking/hoping-for but I suppose building a $1000+ Chromebook is one way to earn revenue. I mean, I’m all for ChromeOS as both a developer and an enthusiast but building a machine that defies the very principle of ChromeOS’s existence (namely, a low cost operating system based on Google Chrome and it’s spectacular v8 engine at the price of compatibility) seems very counter - active. I can’t imagine it would compare well to alternate solutions with greater capabilities, but I suppose it can be compared to Microsoft’s current predicament with the surface rt: if the surface rt fails as the premier, flagship product, it will take windows rt with it.
25 Notes/ Hide
- luishouses likes this
- unjoursurterre reblogged this from appleafterstevejobs and added:
- mrkyoki likes this
- chuuy reblogged this from appleafterstevejobs and added:
- appleafterstevejobs reblogged this from chartier and added:
- shadowscurvesloveliness said: True dat. My damn Sony laptop charger/plug is $100. Now that I think of it, this thing would be like 13 Sony plugs….
- mndrngs likes this
- ramasee reblogged this from chartier
- internetopia likes this
- estenh likes this
- controlstatenormal reblogged this from chartier
- minimalmac likes this
- david likes this
- cityofcopper likes this
- zaxpro likes this
- letsgoberserk likes this
- digithoughts likes this
- samreis64 reblogged this from chartier
- darnellclayton said: You could but a 13-inch MacBook Air with cash to spare for the price they are asking for the cheapest Google Pixel! And that includes the cost of installing Chrome upon your MacBook!
- darnellclayton likes this
- feelingsofchaos reblogged this from chartier
- autodevote reblogged this from chartier and added:
- steelsoldier7 likes this
- jaisons said: Come on man… cut them some slack… you get a charger too!
- jaisons likes this
- topherchris likes this
- chartier posted this